Today is gorgeous here! 70 degrees and sunny, which is my favorite weather ever! Went to Memorial Park for a run...didn't do any drills, just 3 miles moderate pace. We went in the afternoon before the rush, so it was pretty slow over there. A couple of times I did slight sprints but nothing really crazy :)
When Kallen wakes up we're going to run over to the gym. Today would be a great weight day since I rested yesterday, but I'm only going to swim. I got a great workout this morning from our triathlon club that I'm going to try and finish:
COACH JEN'S WORKOUT
warm-up:200 freestyle swim
100 kick (kickboard optional)
4 x 25 single arm freestyle (alternate arm by 25)
(very important: swim with your nonworking arm at your side, which will allow you to still work on your body roll. breathe to the side of your nonworking arm to start & complete the breath before you stroke (with practice, you should be able to breathe normally to both sides). concentrate on initiating body rotation from your hips and make sure you still roll equally to both sides. take it slow: technique is more important than speed. check out the advanced drill on this video to see it in action. count your strokes and see if you can work to make it the same for each arm!)
4 x 150 free K(ick)-D(rill)-S(wim) by 50 your choice of drills from those we've done so far: 10-kick switch, 6-kick switch, fingertip drag, or single arm (or any others that you know -- the more challenging the drill, the better for you -- if it's easy, it's probably not something you need to work on!)
your choice:
100 free build
200 free fast/ez by 50 (don't get sloppy!)
300 free strong
-or-
50 free build
100 free fast/ez by 50 (don't get sloppy!)
150 free strong
cool down: 100 easy swim
_________________
1400-1700 yds total
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i'd really love to try a workout like that. but it's a foreign language to me..."free fast/ez by..." "free build" what? i guess i can google it :-)
ReplyDeleteYeah a lot of it was confusing to me to...I just cut and pasted from her email...(coach jen)...I think that free build, is freestyle, where you start slower or moderate and gradually build in speed as you go and finish it off hard. And I think that the fast/ez by 50's means you do 50 fast and hard, followed by 50 easy (recovery)...again, its a guess, but that's what I did with it today and it worked pretty well :)
ReplyDelete