...here we go....after a week or so of non-organization (is that a word?) and a week of vacation, its time to get back in gear! I've been thinking about how to make this blog more effective...not sure what the answer is yet, but it kinda feels boring just keeping a training journal online?? I do want to provide a resource though, for training ideas, because especially multi-sport training can be so confusing and overwhelming, and believe it or not---boring, without help and ideas from others.
Again, pretty much none of the workouts I do are really my "own"---I get most of my ideas from Joe Friel, or Beginner Triathlete, or some of the other online resources out there. They make ALL the difference!!
I think I am going to go ahead with the training plan and move to Base 2 (week 3). This upcoming weeks goal is 8.5 hours. Again, this doesn't have to work out perfectly, its just a goal to try and do approximately this much training this week. I am pretty lenient on what I consider training to be---for some it would probably only be time on the bike, road, or in the water, but I include core workouts, and strength workouts too (more about strength workouts later...).
I would like my time to be divided pretty equally amongst the 3 sports...maybe 2.5 of biking 2.5 of swimming, 1.5 of running (my mileage has to stay low, but feel free to add more time here), and about 1.5-2 hrs in the gym with strength and core.
I have a couple new swim workouts, and by entering Base 2, the bike and run workouts will change a little too which will be fun!
Only a month until Lone Star, but I think my perspective is a little different (did I already talk about this outloud, or only in my head??) and I am just going to go for completing the race instead of trying to peak in any way, shape or form! :) I am definitely NOT ready!! That's the beauty of tri season!!! It lasts for more than HALF of the year...(or it could be the major turn-off of the tri season...I'm still not sure??!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment