Monday, February 9, 2009

Saturday...

Saturday was just a normal run...still no drills. I've been wearing Newtons and thinking that I've been using correct form, but was showing my shoes to Brian and he noticed that the heels are wearing (which if you're running correctly, shouldn't be happening...at least that bad...). So I worked on running on my forefoot, which was very hard. And I could barely walk the next day because my calves were SO sore! So hoping I'll get used to this "proper" form. I felt like a dork running on my toes (well not on my toes, but it felt that way---guess I'm so used to heel striking). Great day--great workout. Feeling a lot more confident about running---always a little nervous due to my hip/knee issues. Especially coming out of pregnancy---was really worried about that but its been so encouraging. As long as I don't run too frequently during the week, so far things seem fine. I'll do a post on foam rolling (which I do before EVERY SINGLE RUN!) soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment